Thank you for considering consignment at the Black Market Boutique in Bellingham! We specialize in vintage, handmade, and one of a kind “fashionable curiosities.” We will do our best to promote your items through the storefront and our online presence. Out of respect for our shoppers, please bring items in clean, fresh smelling and ready to wear.
- Clothing at least 25 years old, as well as contemporary costumes, historical reproductions, stage and dance wear, one-of-a-kind or handmade items.
- Jewelry and accessories: either true vintage or vintage aesthetic.
- Clean shoes with minimal wear, no athletic shoes.
Important info about consignment drop offs:
- What is “Vintage?” technically vintage is anything 25 years or older. However, all items over 25 years will not be accepted for sale at Black Market Boutique. Specifically, the fashions from the mid 1970’s through the mid 1990’s have mixed levels of desirability. Or: all 80’s dresses are not created equal. There is a very fine line between “dated” and “vintage” and we will always err on the side of caution when it comes to these items.
- Everything in the shop is hand selected by the owner. This helps us keep the shop high quality, interesting, and aesthetically contiguous. If you leave items with a staff member, they will sort through based on our basic criteria, but we will not guarantee that all items left will end up on the sales floor. Items that do not fit our aesthetic, or that the owner does not feel will sell, can be picked up within one week or be donated to We Care.
- If items are found to be damaged or soiled after you have left, they will either be discounted accordingly or donated.
- If you have “great” vintage items that need work, we are happy to accept donations. The cost of repair (time and supplies) is often equal to or greater than the value of the items. In the end, we are passionate about salvaging vintage clothing, even if just for the fabric or findings. We do not buy damaged items.
We sort our sales records at the beginning of every month and issue checks to our consignors based on the actual price items sold for. We will mail your check no later than the 10th of the month following your items sale. If you do not receive a check, your items have not sold.